Locate your dream home with My Home Finder!
Our website is filled with real estate information and features a highly advanced property search system. When you register with My Home Finder you gain access to our full suite of advanced consumer tools:
- Access Restricted Property Details
- Save Searches
- Save individual properties to Favorites Folders
- Receive E-Mail notifications of new properties
- Get dedicated Personal Service
2> Mike & Debbie Gautreaux
ABR, CRS, GRI, LTG,
RE/MAX Platinum Club & RE/MAX Hall Of Fame Member, ePro, Certified Distress Property Expert Certification
Endorsed Local Real Estate Agents for the Renowned Talk Show Host Dave Ramsey
ThingsAreReallyMovingHere UPDATE.doc (582KB),
Finding a good neighborhood
Anyone will tell you that buying a home in a good neighborhood is essential. But what things go into making one neighborhood more desirable than another? Aside from an intangible feeling about a place, there are a number of qualities that set some neighborhoods apart, such as:
- Good public schools nearby.
- Well-maintained homes and clean public areas.
- Close proximity to good shopping.
- Public facilities like parks and community centers.
Doing thorough neigborhood research is critical if you truly want your home to fit your needs. Here are some basic strategies:
Though appreciation can be an impossible thing to predict, it's good to at least try to determine a home's resale potential. Slow selling homes may just be a function of the current market, but they could also indicate problems (or perceived problems) with the neighborhood that could affect resale. Check for any information on new industries or companies moving to the area in the future that could lead to housing demand later.
Do the Footwork
Probably the most important step in researching neighborhoods is to get a first-hand look. Talk to residents, visit local schools, businesses, and parks, and get to know your way around. If you plan on using public transportation, see what options are available. Be sure to visit the neighborhood at several different times of day. Three quick ways to scope out a neighborhood:
- Eat at local restaurants (non-chains) to get a feel for the people.
- Attend a community meeting.
- Read the community newspaper for at least a week.
In the end your impression of a neighborhood will largely be an emotional reaction. By researching the facts and future of a given neighborhood, you'll ensure that your hunches are well informed.
Did You Know that the City of Mobile is...
A great place to live...
- Mobile's quality of Life won the 74th spot in Money Magazine's "100 Best Places to Live" annual survey in 1997.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked Mobile in the top third of the nation's hottest housing markets.
- Mobile is a regional center for medical care, research and education. There are 850 physicians and 175 dentists practicing in the area, many affiliated with one or more of nine hospitals which serve the Mobile area.
A great place to work...
- Ranked with such cities as Atlanta, Dallas, and Raleigh, Mobile tied with Fort Lauderdale for the No. 11 spot in Time Magazine's 1997 list of :Where the Jobs Are/15 of the Hottest Places."
- "In May (2007), German-based ThyssenKrupp announced Mobile as the site of a $3.7 billion steel facility, and the announcement was named one of the largest private economic development projects in U.S. history. During the life of the project it is expected that more than 29,000 construction jobs will be generated. Anticipated permanent employment is 2,700." Quoted from US Industry Today - Vol. 10, Issue 4
- "It's no secret that the Southeast and Western United States are booming. The costs of living and doing business there are often cheaper there than in big coastal cities. But where and how much those cities are thriving might surprise you. Take Alabama. The state has some of the fastest growing metro areas in the country, including Mobile, which is projected to have the greatest change in gross metropolitan product (GMP), 34% between 2007-2012, according to research forecasts done for us by Moody's Economy.com." Quoted from Forbes.com - 01/30/08
A great place to play...
- Tourism is on the rise in the Mobile area, where popular sites such as Bellingrath Gardens and Battleship Park are being joined by a growing list of cultural attractions.
- More than 20 private and public golf courses helped Mobile birdie the No. 10 spot in Golf Digest's "Best Places to Golf."
- The Exploreum and IMAX Theater and an expanded Museum of Mobile are only two of the projects underway to draw tourists attention to downtown Mobile.
A great place to grow a business...
- Entrepreneur Magazine ranked Mobile fourth in the Southeast for its excellent small business climate.
- With the world's largest forest products terminal, the Port of Mobile ranks 1st in the nation for wood pulp exports and 2nd in the nation for forest products.
- From 1980 to 1990, Mobile metropolitan area grew 7.5 percent. The U.S. Census Bureau now estimates the area's population has topped the 500,000 mark.
- Airplane maintenance and repair are growing businesses in the Mobile area where a number of aerospace companies are soaring to success.
- The McDuffie Coal Terminal at the Alabama State Docks is one of the nation's leading facilities for coal exporting.
And a great place for education...
- In 1996 and 1997, more than 900 area classrooms were wired for Internet access. Net Day Mobile, a community initiative sponsored by BellSouth, involved 1,693 volunteers who contributed 9,994 hours at 89 local public and private schools. The entire project has been valued at $ 576,500.
- Mobile is the home of the state's oldest and largest public school system and its oldest institute of higher education, Mobile offers a wide variety of educational opportunities.
- The public school system includes 90 schools and more than 65,000 students. Mobile also has a large parochial school system operated by the Catholic Archdiocese of Mobile and many other schools operated through churches and private boards.
Listed are a few of our Local Area Businesses that may be helpful to your needs...
www.nuskin.com Contact Debbie Gautreaux
www.mobileamericanclassifieds.com Advertising needs
oceusa.com Printer Company
www.qualityoflifeinsurance.com Life Insurance needs
artcraftpressmobile.com Print advertisting needs
www.chiropracticworks.info All of your aches & Pain needs
www.drmanning.wradvisors.com Personal Financial Advisors
http://www.zevaclindsey.com/welcome.html Certified Public Accountants
thebookeragency.com All your insurance needs
Experience Dixie's Best Service
At RE/MAX of Alabama, we are focused on giving our clients the best possible home buying or selling experience. I believe that to best serve my clients it is important to treat their real estate needs as if they were my own. I will earn your trust as we work together towards a common goal.
Whether you are selling your own home or searching for a new place in the Heart of Dixie to call your own, I will work hard to make sure that you are completely satisfied. I have the knowledge, experience, and dedication that it takes to get the results you are looking for.